Car Rentals In Scandinavia
Exploring Scandinavia independently in a rental car is highly recommended. The traffic is light, travel is on the right hand side and roads are well sign posted. It allows the most flexibility to see and explore the countryside from historical sites to breathtaking scenery. Equipped with the right knowledge and a good map, travel by rental car is an experience not to be missed!
A few points to remember about rental cars in Scandinavia:
- Most cars have standard transmission.
- Automatics increase daily rates significantly, please ask.
- Most cars are not equipped with air conditioning.
- Economy and Compact categories are recommended for no more than two adults.
- Rates are higher than in North America as they include taxes of up to 25%.
- Drop-off charges between major cities in Scandinavia apply.
- Gasoline prices are on average $8.50 – $10.00 per gallon.
- In many places, car ferries are necessary and these fares ranging from $20 – $70 should be budgeted.